People Counting Sensors
People counting sensors, as the name indicates, are the sensors that are installed in industries, offices, public facilities, shopping centres, transport hubs etc. to count the number of people entering and exiting the place. The highly accurate sensors from Optex with 3D Technology count, store and automatically transfer the collected data to the connected software or computer for direct observation and creating reports for analysis.
Working Principle :
Vector Focus Point Image Recognition method –
Optex’s people counting sensors are based on our patented image recognition technology called Vector Point Image recognition method to identify, track and automatically count the number of people passing under the sensor. The procedure of counting people involves following steps –
1. Image Capture :- Whenever a human enters a place with the people counting sensor in action, the image is captured by the sensor as soon as the person comes under it.
2. Vector Focus Point Calculation :- After capturing the image of the person, the sensor analyzes the captured 2D image as a realspace 3D image.
3. Human shape recognition :- The next step in recognition is the analysis of the captured image against the pre-stored human shape model. If the captured image matches with the shapes in the model, the sensor gets ready to track it as a human.
4. People Tracking :- On successfully recognizing the entering object as a person, the sensor keeps the track followed by him.
5. Data Count :- The final step that a sensor performs is to count (increase/decrease) the number of people entering or exiting the place and send the data to the connected software to show it on a screen or just keep it in the records.
Optimize staffing and labour cost
Measure Marketing Effectiveness
Ensure social distancing
Boost sales and conversion
- Accurate and Reliable people counting sensor, vital for Retail Facilities.
- Provides automatic traffic counts of people entering stores and facilities
- Accurately tracks complicated movements
- Sensor processes counts, stores, and transfers data
- Simple Web-based setup interface
- Video Streaming
- Data Delivery via FTP/FTPS
- POE Powered